Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 9 - Ran Xerox

This weeks reading for me was... Interesting? I read Ran Xerox and it was very different to me from any comic I had read, not just for the for mature content but like in that is was just such a different story type. The way the story was written was like a classic find the girl kind of story but it was also so interesting in the way that it was written. I think that having Ran Xerox be a robot and selling drugs are a really cool twist on that kind of story. It makes it more appropriate for an older audience and brings in a different crowd of readers.

As far as the art goes Ran Xerox had an illustrative style that I really liked but you could definitely tell that it was dated a little bit now. It seemed straight out of the 80's to me and that makes sense I guess since it was written in 1978 and is futuristic in terms of story and content. I thought it was a good read though would definitely recommend to other comic readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment