Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 12 - Comics by Women

First off I'd like to say that I feel like this week of reading can in a sense fall under the stereotype category as well. I say this because I feel like yes, these comics are very different from the rest in how they are written and I see the point of having them separated from the other weeks for the class but I do not think that it should really matter who the comic was written by. I think that our world is changing very quickly to be much more progressive than the past and that many of these comics could easily have been written by men as well. Wow kind of went on a tangent.

Well as far as the readings go, I started off by reading Diary of a Dominatrix because how could that not be intriguing! Ha. Ok well wow, this comic was a unlike anything I have ever read. Like really that comic is way out there. I figured it was unfair to only read that of course so I also read This One Summer and that was really nice and cute. I wouldn't really say it was like feminine only but I would say that it had more girly or cutesy features throughout. I really liked it though and felt like it could definitely be like a short indie film or something similar to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment